Here are four reasons to make sure you’re drinking enough water or other fluids every day:
1. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids.
Your body is made up of about 60% water. Keeping your water intake up is important for staying hydrated.
2. Water Can Help Control Calories.
For years, dieters have been drinking lots of water as a weight loss strategy. While water doesn’t have any magical effect on weight loss, substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help.
“What works with weight loss is if you choose water or a non-caloric beverage over a caloric beverage and/or eat a diet higher in water-rich foods that are healthier, more filling, and help you trim calorie intake,” says Penn State researcher Barbara Rolls, PhD, author of The Volumetrics Weight Control Plan.
Food with high water content tends to look larger, its higher volume requires more chewing, and it is absorbed more slowly by the body, which helps you feel full. Water-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, broth-based soups, oatmeal, and beans.
3. Water Helps Energize Muscles.
Drinking enough fluids is important when exercising. Follow the American College of Sports Medicine guidelines for fluid intake before and during physical activity. These guidelines recommend that people drink about 17 ounces of fluid about two hours before exercise. During exercise, they recommend that people start drinking fluids early, and drink them at regular intervals to replace fluids lost by sweating.
4. Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good.
Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. But don’t expect over-hydration to erase wrinkles or fine lines, says Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD.
“Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration,” he says. “But once you are adequately hydrated, the kidneys take over and excrete excess fluids.”
6 Tips to Help You Drink More
If you think you need to be drinking more, here are some tips to increase your fluid intake and reap the benefits of water:
- Have a beverage with every snack and meal.
- Choose beverages you enjoy; you’re likely to drink more liquids if you like the way they taste.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Their high water content will add to your hydration. About 20% of our fluid intake comes from foods.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag.
- Choose beverages that meet your individual needs. If you’re watching calories, go for non-caloric beverages or water.
- Have water delivered to your office for your clients and staff.
You can have water delivered to your business. Click for more details.
How-To Provided by Duck® Brand
Prep and pack for success
With fall fast approaching, first-time college students are moving into dormitories and apartments across the country. With so much going on between packing and preparing for the school year ahead, students need to be organized to ensure a successful moving day.
As students begin preparing for their move, they can maintain order and ease their transition with these helpful moving tips from Duck® brand.
Buy New Boxes
- Old boxes can be worn and flimsy, creating problems for moving.
- Heavy items can cause the bottom to fall out, and unstable boxes are more likely to collapse, harming the contents.
- To ensure safe transport, buy new boxes such as Duck® brand Kraft Shipping Boxes, which are available in a variety of sizes to suit all needs.
- Labeling boxes can be a hassle, but also quite helpful.
- Duck® brand duct tape comes in over 20 colors, such as purple and fluorescent pink, making color-coding simple and allowing each box to be categorized easily. Choosing different colors for each room, and specially marking fragile items can ease unpacking hassles.
- Duck® brand duct tape also comes in handy for securing television and computer wires under rugs when arranging the room.
Protect Fragile Items
- When packing breakables, use a protective material such as Duck® brand Bubble Wrap® cushioning.
- Self-Cling Bubble Wrap® sticks to itself and not to your breakables with no tape required, protecting pictures and glassware without leaving behind a sticky residue.
- You can even leave the scissors behind because the roll comes perforated every 12 inches for precise wrapping of objects, whether large or small.
Use Strong Tape
- A strong packing tape can be the key to packing boxes efficiently and safely. With a durable tape, like Duck® brand EZ Start® Packaging Tape, boxes are more secure and withstand shifting during transportation.
- The EZ Start® Tape dispenser does not allow the tape to fall back onto itself or become tangled, making packing easier and quicker.
- Although moving to or from college may seem like a daunting task, the transition can be simplified with a little preparation and patience.
Just remember that organizing boxes and possessions prior to your move can save the time wasted unloading a jumbled mess.
Originally posted at Duckbrand.com
We all know the feeling. You have a simple copy job that just needs to get done. You venture down to the copy room to run your simple copy job and there it is… The copy room line. Oh, I’ll come back later, you say. Only to find that someone else is in “line” for the copier, but not today! Today you win! No Line!
A common issue when copying or scanning originals such as newspapers or magazines is the bleed-through from the reverse side. Thin, double-sided originals, such as maps, also suffer from this issue. You can eliminate this issue with your CopyStar MFP using the optional Prevent Bleed-Through and Highlighter Reproduction features. These features ensure that only the data and highlighting on the surface are copied or scanned. Used separately, or together, these features provide optimal readability in your copies and scans. Take a brief moment to look at this how-to video, it shows both features in action.